Penguin Evening Tours
The Evening Penguin Tour includes a one-hour guided tour of Barunguba Montague Island including seeing the lighthouse and seal colony, refreshments and the chance to see the Barunguba’s most popular inhabitants, the little Penguins as they return to shore. The evening Montague Island Penguin Tour runs from September to January.
Evening Barunguba Montague Island Penguin Tour includes:
- Free Whale Watching during Whale Watching Season, September to November
- Guided Tour of Barunguba Montague Island with a National Parks and Wildlife Ranger including seeing the lighthouse.
- A visit to the largest seal colony in NSW
- Refreshments including water, soft drink, tea coffee, hot chocolate.
While you enjoy a 20 minute boat ride to Barunguba Montague Island to visit the penguins, keep an eye out for dolphins, whales, and other wildlife along the way, visit the seal colony, enjoy refreshments on the water provided by us.
Watch the Penguins on Barunguba Montague Island.
Then land on Barunguba Montague Island for a guided tour, see the lighthouse, then head to the platform to view the returning of the little penguins on dusk, return to the boat sit back and relax and enjoy your journey home.
* This tour runs from September to around the end of February. As the little penguins nest on the Island during this time and return to shore to feed their chicks.
Free Whale watching included in the tour during Whale Watching season, September to November, start your tour seeing the amazing whales.
Family 2 adults & 2 children. Child 5 to 16 years. Children under the age of 5 are unable to land on the Island at the moment.
Departs: Yellow Boat Shed. Mill Bay, Narooma. Please note: departure time depends on sunset, please confirm departure time with us.
Guest must have a moderate fitness level and be able to a climb a ladder at the Island Jetty.